Welcome to Year 2
Year 2 Team:
- Class 7 Teacher – Mrs Foley
- Class 8 Teacher – Mrs Holroyd (Year Group Leader)
- Class 9 Teachers – Miss Tayabji and Mrs Clarke
- Mrs Watts – Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Gorst – Teaching Assistant
Year 2 has three classes with a maximum of 90 children in the year group. The year 2 children have three big topics a year, each covering two terms. The Autumn term topic is called Narnia. The Spring term topic is called Wonderful world. The Summer term topic is changing this academic year and more information will follow.
We believe in creating exciting and stimulating learning experiences for the children and often start topics with a “wow” day and end with a year group event. We also use drama regularly to engage the children in their learning.
Comments from parents at the end of the year have included:
“I will miss not bringing my daughter to this school. All my girls have made great progress with you. The end of an era.”
“Thank you for all the hard work you have done this year.”
“My son has had a fantastic year in year 2 and come on so well. He loved the Lion King trip.”
Look at what we have been doing!
We had a brilliant Sports Day! See our video below:
What a term! This has been a crazy, strange term but we have been up to lots of exciting things.
Lots of Joe Wicks and sore legs,
Playing in snow and building snowmen,
Capital cities and landmarks,
Growing cress and beans,
Secret rooftop surprises
A beanstalk growing from a tin of baked beans!
Thank you for everyone’s hard work this term.
Have a lovely half term holiday, we look forward to seeing you soon.
Year 2 Newsletters
- Fri, 09 Jul 2021 : SURPRISE for the children
- Wed, 07 Jul 2021 : Welcome to Year 2
- Mon, 05 Jul 2021 : Spencer Park Junior Park Run
- Mon, 05 Jul 2021 : Summer Reading Bingo
- Tue, 29 Jun 2021 : New Class for September - Class 7
- Tue, 29 Jun 2021 : New Class for September - Class 8
- Tue, 29 Jun 2021 : New Class for September - Class 9
- Wed, 16 Jun 2021 : Sponsored Geography Walk
- Wed, 16 Jun 2021 : Year 3 Letter from HFJS
- Mon, 14 Jun 2021 : Under 8's Football
Year 2 Curriculum Information