Welcome to Year 2
Year 2 Team:
- Class 7 Teacher – Mrs Foley
- Class 8 Teacher – Mrs Rosier
- Class 9 Teachers – Mrs Dore and Mrs Dunnell (Year Group Leaders)
- Mrs Smith – Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Walton - Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Gorst – Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Haynes - Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Wheatley - Teaching Assistant
Year 2 has three classes with a maximum of 90 children in the year group. The year 2 children have three big topics a year, each covering two terms. The Autumn term topic is called Perilous Pirates. The Spring term topic is called Wonderful world. The Summer term topic is changing this academic year and more information will follow.
We believe in creating exciting and stimulating learning experiences for the children and often start topics with a “wow” day and end with a year group event. We also use drama regularly to engage the children in their learning.
Comments from parents at the end of the year have included:
“I will miss not bringing my daughter to this school. All my girls have made great progress with you. The end of an era.”
“Thank you for all the hard work you have done this year.”
“My son has had a fantastic year in year 2 and come on so well. He loved the Lion King trip.”
What a year Year 2 have had!!!
We have had a very busy year in year 2!
We started with our theme of pirates. We enjoyed our pirate wow day. We practised our circus skills including juggling, ribbons and plate spinning. We made hardtack biscuits…they looked nicer than they tasted!
We enjoyed our walk to the war memorial and some of us even got to speak to the Mayor of Higham Ferrers!
After Christmas, we moved onto our topic of the Greatest Show.
We watched The Greatest Showman film and ate popcorn as a treat…yummy!
We used a text map to learn the story of a penguin who lived in a circus. We made up some of our own dance moves and put them together to form a dance to ‘This is Me’- a song from The Greatest Showman.
Our last topic was Lords and Ladies.
We loved our trip to Warwick Castle.
We had a tour of the castle and grounds and learned lots of interesting facts about castle life. We also held a real sword and got to hold real chain mail…it was very heavy.
We saw the falconry show and were surprised when some of the birds swopped right over our heads!
We have enjoyed our time at Higham Ferrers Nursery and Infant School and now we are looking forward to our next exciting adventures........
Year 2 Newsletters
- Thu, 30 Nov 2023 : HFNIS Writing Advent Challenge
- Mon, 27 Nov 2023 : Cinderella Reminders
- Wed, 08 Nov 2023 : Higham Ferrers Christmas Sparkle - Waiting list
- Wed, 08 Nov 2023 : Flu Vaccination - Reminder
- Thu, 02 Nov 2023 : Christmas Productions
- Tue, 31 Oct 2023 : Higham Ferrers Christmas Sparkle
- Fri, 20 Oct 2023 : Year 2 Work Pack
- Tue, 17 Oct 2023 : Story Time in Year 1 and Year 2
- Mon, 02 Oct 2023 : Cinderella
- Fri, 29 Sep 2023 : Year 2 Autumn Topic letter
- Tue, 26 Sep 2023 : How to apply for Junior School 2024
- Mon, 06 Nov 2023 : Flu Vaccination - Reminder
Year 2 Curriculum Information