In this section, we introduce you our school, how the classes are organised and how you can arrange to request for your child to come to our school. As we have our own Nursery here, this section also outlines how you can take advantage of the these sessions as well as the free entitlement options available.
Higham Ferrers Nursery and Infant School is part of the Northamptonshire Local Authority providing Nursery and Infant education for boys and girls between 3 and 7 years of age.
We are a 3 form entry school with 90 full time places in Reception, Year 1 and 2. Our children usually start school in the year they are 5 and stay with us until they reach 7.
The local authority is responsible for admissions. Details of their policy is explained in the booklet “Applying for a Primary School Place in Northamptonshire” which is published annually.
If you would like further information please contact the school office or ring Northamptonshire Pupil Services / Admissions on 0300 126 3000.
Please note that the school cannot guarantee your child a place, the decision is always with the local authority.
The school is situated on a large, secure site which is shared with Higham Ferrers Junior School with whom we have very strong links. Our classrooms are larger than average and are all fitted with interactive white boards. Computers in the classrooms are networked throughout the school. Outside the Reception classrooms there is a dedicated undercover play area where the children learn through play.
The school also has a Nursery. At Higham Ferrers Nursery children can attend either part time (morning 9-11:30am / afternoon 12:30-3pm) or full time (9am - 3pm) each week or a mixture of both. Children usually start in the year that they are four.
The free entitlement is offered as follows:
- Up to 15 hours each week or up to 30 hours per week (if your child is eligible) Monday to Friday, during 38 weeks a year, term time only.
The times are:
- 9:00 – 11:30am (Morning session)
- 11:30 - 12:30pm (Lunch session)**
- 12:30 – 3:00pm (Afternoon session)
**A packed lunch from home must be supplied.
- To be eligible for the 15 hours free entitlement children must have had their third birthday before the last day of the month prior to intake (31st August , 31st December, 31st March.)
- Eligibility will be verified by families providing proof, namely birth certificate and proof of address.
- In addition to this, some children will be entitled to the 30 hours funding for working parents - details of this can be found by clicking here
There is a charge of £3.50 per lunch session and £10 per 2.5 hour session that your child attends which is not covered by the Governemnt funding. If your child is absent for a paid session the fee still applies.
If you require further information about our Nursery please contact the school for our Nursery Information Booklet and Admissions Policy.