School Uniform can be purchased from our supplier Rock-It Promotions. Click this link and the follow the "School Shops" link.
Wearing of a School uniform is actively encouraged (although is not compulsory at this age) and visitors often comment on how smart the children look in their schoolwear. This section describes our uniform and covers other important aspects such as wearing of jewellery, personal items and belongings and also includes Book Bags and PE kits.
The school colours are grey, navy, pale blue and white.
The uniform consists of:
- Navy blue school sweatshirt, cardigan or jumper (this can be either a plain version OR one with the school logo)
- White or pale blue school polo shirt or shirt with a collar.
- Dark grey trousers or shorts, skirts or pinafore dresses.
- Blue and white gingham or striped dresses that can be worn during the summer.
- Black sensible shoes. (Please note trainers and some ‘fashion’ shoes are not suitable for day wear in school.)
We also ask parents to provide PE kit which should include:
- T-shirt (in relevant house colour)
- Plimsolls / trainers for outdoor games
- A track suit must be provided for the Autumn & Spring Terms
Most PE work in the hall is undertaken in bare feet as recommended by the local education authority.
Jewellery & Personal Belongings
Jewellery is not to be worn in school. The accidental pulling and catching of earrings, watches and necklaces during play can cause severe damage to fingers and ear lobes! If your child has pierced ears we do allow studs but no other types of earring are allowed e.g. hoops (studs must be removed for PE). The local education authority endorses this policy. If your child inadvertently comes to school wearing a piece of jewellery, including watches, they will be asked to remove them and they will be returned to you at the end of the day. Please note the school cannot accept responsibility for the loss or damage of items of jewellery and watches or other personal belongings.
Please check book bags daily for information. Children frequently take books home and they are also used to transport letters to and from school. Book bags can be purchased from the school office for £5.00.