Welcome to Reception
- Class 1 Teachers – Mrs Betts and Mrs Campbell
- Class 2 Teacher – Miss Westall
- Class 3 Teacher – Mrs Miller (Year group leader)
- Mrs Eady – Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Bance - Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Connolly - Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Harris - Teaching Assistant
- Miss Massingham - Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Scotney – Teaching Assistant
The reception year has three classes with a maximum of 90 children in the year group. They have a lovely, stimulating environment which includes two outdoor play spaces one of which is undercover for those cold wet days! Outdoor learning is an important part of the Reception curriculum as it helps children to develop gross motor skills. The children are taught through a planned play based curriculum with times of whole class and small group teacher led lessons.
Over the school year the children cover a range of topics. In the Autumn term the topics are called “All about me” and “Celebrations”. In the spring term the topics are “Ice worlds” and “Growing”. In the summer term the topics are “Fairytales” and “Seaside.”
Parental comments following parents evening in October 2018;
"We are very pleased with how our daughter has settled into school and the support and challenge she is receiving. We appreciate the efforts the teachers have gone to with regards to her reading and we look forward to hearing about her adventures during the rest of the year."
"Thank you, you are all doing an amazing job my son loves coming to school!"
"My daughter always comes home from school with a smile."
"It was so lovely to see and hear how my son is doing in school. I especially loved seeing the literacy and learning journey books as I had no idea you did things like that and it was so lovely to see! He really does love school and his class and his teachers so much and we are very happy he has such a brilliant and caring school."
"We are really pleased with the way our daughter has settled in. She is really happy. She has made excellent progress so far, thank you."
Reception Autumn Update
Reception Curriculum Information
- Wed, 20 Jan 2021 : Class 3 Zoom Timetable
- Wed, 20 Jan 2021 : Class 2 Zoom Timetable
- Wed, 20 Jan 2021 : Class 1 Zoom Timetable
- Mon, 11 Jan 2021 : Reception Reading Book Videos
- Wed, 06 Jan 2021 : Tapestry
- Tue, 05 Jan 2021 : Reception Home Learning
- Mon, 14 Dec 2020 : New Lovefood Menu
- Thu, 10 Dec 2020 : Reception - Ice Worlds Topic