Welcome to Reception
- Class 1 teachers – Mrs Betts and Mrs Campbell
- Class 2 teacher – Mr Cox
- Class 3 teacher – Mrs Miller (Year group leader)
- Miss Joyce – Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Scotney – Teaching Assistant
- Mrs White – Teaching Assistant
The reception year has three classes with a maximum of 90 children in the year group. They have a lovely, stimulating environment which includes two outdoor play spaces one of which is undercover for those cold wet days! Outdoor learning is an important part of the Reception curriculum as it helps children to develop gross motor skills. The children are taught through a planned play based curriculum with times of whole class and small group teacher led lessons.
Over the school year the children cover a range of topics. In the Autumn term the topics are called “All about me” and “Celebrations”. In the spring term the topics are “Ice worlds” and “Growing”. In the summer term the topics are “Fairytales” and “Seaside.”
Parental comments following parents evening in October 2018;
"We are very pleased with how our daughter has settled into school and the support and challenge she is receiving. We appreciate the efforts the teachers have gone to with regards to her reading and we look forward to hearing about her adventures during the rest of the year."
"Thank you, you are all doing an amazing job my son loves coming to school!"
"My daughter always comes home from school with a smile."
"It was so lovely to see and hear how my son is doing in school. I especially loved seeing the literacy and learning journey books as I had no idea you did things like that and it was so lovely to see! He really does love school and his class and his teachers so much and we are very happy he has such a brilliant and caring school."
"We are really pleased with the way our daughter has settled in. She is really happy. She has made excellent progress so far, thank you."
Reception Autumn Update
We have been very busy this term in Reception. We have been focusing on ourselves and where we live. We have also been thinking about school and discovering the sort of activities we do when we come to school.
The children have enjoyed Kinetic Letters and they are producing some fantastically formed letters. The children have also been experiencing different sounds in phonics and I am sure you have been enjoying the songs at home as well.
The children have brought in some lovely houses this term which are on display in our shared area, children have been focusing on the differences between the houses where they live. We have been finding out what everyone enjoys and what they like to do around the classroom.
We have also been searching for signs of spring in our outside area, the children have enjoyed creating fantastic artwork of this experience, and they have created some beautiful leaves and trees.
As this year is coming to an end we have started to notice signs of winter. We have started to create some brilliant pictures of trees in winter and discover what is happening to our environment outside at this time of year.
We hope that everyone has a lovely Christmas break and we look forward to seeing you all in the New Year.
Reception Curriculum Information
- Tue, 16 Jul 2019 : MAB Gymnastics Holiday Camp
- Thu, 04 Jul 2019 : Summer Disco
- Tue, 02 Jul 2019 : Science and Wellbeing Week
- Mon, 17 Jun 2019 : Ned's Mindset Mission
- Wed, 12 Jun 2019 : Big Write
- Tue, 11 Jun 2019 : New to Year 1 Information Evening
- Tue, 04 Jun 2019 : Sports Day
- Wed, 15 May 2019 : LoveFood Summer Menu
- Thu, 02 May 2019 : Recorder Lessons
- Tue, 30 Apr 2019 : Class 3
- Tue, 26 Mar 2019 : Reception visit to Woburn Safari Park
- Mon, 18 Mar 2019 : Reception Summer Topic
- Tue, 05 Feb 2019 : Lovefood Spring Menu UPDATED
- Wed, 17 Oct 2018 : Sarah Mills Remembrance Cup